Portable thicknesser recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Money is a bit tight right now. Im looking for a thicknesser. I see the Clark CPT250 on Machinemart for 164 quid. Has anyone had any experience of this unit? I want it for light workshop use. Is it too cheap or should I really be going for something like the Dewalt DW733 (at more than twice the price). Or has anyone any other recomendations for a smallish thicknessing unit. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Difficult one to answer and you do get what you pay for. I don't own one but have use them in workshop. The Dewalt DW733 is a more powerful machine than the Clark CPT250 model but as you says double the price. A lot depends how often you're going to use it and if money is tight then I probably would go for the cheaper one and see how it goes to start with. You may find later on that you'll need a more powerful or difference specification machine so I wouldn't waste too much money now !
Also if you go down to your local library and they should have all the "Which's" magazine which should tell you the best value for money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back