Positive Discrimination - Positive Action

Sponsored Links
That's because it would be quick and helpful but, for some reason, it's a big NO-NO. I wasn't being flippant and I don't believe it was answered or a possible reason given.

This is about positive discrimination, remember. My post was about that topic. When I make a point of observation you always resort to it's absurd or nothing to do with the discussion.

YOU walk the walk why don't you!

Now if I were Dimbles I would, (like), to say "the black gentleman". I would have thought that's helpful positive discrimination. :confused:
Perhaps referring to the chap as the person with the stark contrast between lightness of teeth and darkness of skin would have avoided the issue :mrgreen:
I would have thought that that is an absurd understanding of the concept of postive discrimination.
Hence why I'd deleted it as you were typing this :)

And isn't it irrelevant anyway, on a topic discussing positive discrimination?
On the contrary - was Dimbleby asking this chap because of his colour, thus exemplifying positive discrimination?
That's a fair point. But I think it's a subtle but different point to the one BT was making

Why not start a new thread about David Dimbleby's colour blindness?
I was unaware of this. Is he?
No idea, but BT's comment seems to suggest it. I don't know if it was a real event, a hypothetical event, or an imaginary event.
Perhaps a link to the actual event would be good.

Sponsored Links
How many times has RH told us that the NHS would collapse if it weren't for the migrants? I guess it's OK to discriminate against your own kind?

That's because it would be quick and helpful but, for some reason, it's a big NO-NO. I wasn't being flippant and I don't believe it was answered or a possible reason given.
Sorry, BT, but what are you referring to?

This is about positive discrimination, remember. My post was about that topic. When I make a point of observation you always resort to it's absurd or nothing to do with the discussion.

YOU walk the walk why don't you!
Perhaps it's time for us both to take a break, a step backwards, and a reflection of our attitudes.

I'll probably not be around for the rest of the day.

How many times has RH told us that the NHS would collapse if it weren't for the migrants?
Must admit, when I was in A&E in West Middlesex Hospital when I broke my arm, not a single person there seemed to be of English descent (neither staff nor patient), including myself as my old fellas was Polish. Up here in Manchester, completely the opposite seemed to be the case based on observation..

I guess it's OK to discriminate against your own kind?
By which it would seem to follow that it's OK to discriminate in favour of your own kind?

UK government shipped in a load of fellas from the West Indies after WW2 to run London Underground. Was that positive discrimination or just a response to the shortage of cheap labour? The same question could be asked of the NHS.

So why are they discriminating on race basis? An Asian dr commenting on employing Asian doctors? Asians are over represented in the NHS. Are you happy about that?

One could argue that the reason more doctors/nurses are needed is due to an adverse increase in number of immigrants requiring medical assistance. ;)

If either of my daughter's brought home a black fella,I wouldn't let him cross the threshold,positive or negative?

Sorry, BT, but what are you referring to?

Maybe this lot. It wasn't long ago: -

Ahem, I've got some +dis that would help. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

It's Question Time on BBC1 and Dimbles is trying to point to the only black fella in an area of the audience. Instead of mentioning him by colour, which would be quick, obvious and we should all be proud of who we are, it goes something like this.

"The gentleman in the blue shirt. Er, next the the woman with horn rim glasses and pink hair" "Yes, you sir".

Now if I were Dimbles I would, (like), to say "the black gentleman". I would have thought that's helpful positive discrimination. :confused:

I don't know if it was a real event, a hypothetical event, or an imaginary event. Perhaps a link to the actual event would be good.
No, I'll save you some time. Just pretend it never happens; while every one else and his dog knows to what I refer and has happened many times on that and other programs like it.

Well, our truce didn't last very long :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back