Possible big bathroom adjustment - advice required!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been thinking about how to make the bathroom in my new attic flat bigger. All the rooms as you can see are large and I feel that the bathroom is the only letdown in the flat.... it's so small!

bathroomrejig.jpg

I've removed the bath as I was planning fitting a deeper one and also I damaged some plasterboard when removing tiles so it had to come out to replace the board, this got me thinking and doing a bit of investigating behind existing walls in the bathroom.

My proposal:

• Remove partition wall in red

Remove false walls in green (en-suite later, will explain), behind these green walls is a big space then another wall that's flush with the back wall in the dressing area, I thought it might be for pipework but it's not! the pipework all goes in further back than that, wasted space!!

Use en-suite as is while all other work is undertaken

Eventually move en-suite door to the dotted blue space from my main bedroom and board up that space after removing everything from en-suite and making new walkthrough to bedroom where shower is currently.

What's not shown on the plan is that the existing bathroom and ensuite also have velux windows.

This would give me a huge bathroom, still keeping it en-suite with with access from the main hall too, I'd also not lose the dressing area either. I'd have much more space for a large free standing bath and was thinking about the possibility of a wet area shower somewhere too provided the water piping can be fed into the loft space, across and down inside a wall as the floors are concrete.

My girfriend think's im mad.... am I the only one that could see this being a great project that will surely add value to an already lovely flat that's just lacking a decent bathroom? :?: :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back