Posting letters

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, I'd drop them in the post box. Mind you, if it felt like a wad of banknotes I might not!

I'd steam the stamp off :mrgreen:

Most definitely, at 60p for a first class, steaming it off makes more sense now then ever before. And I would say tough Mr sender for leaving them lying around, you deserve it!

I would just stick it through the nearest letterbox like a postman would.

Post it without a moments thought.

I would like to think if someone was posting something to me and lost it, then another person would do the honest thing and post it on.

Is interfering with the Royal Mail still a hanging offence? In which case, at what point does that letter become property of the Royal Mail - is it the intent of post that matters or the receipt with a mail box?

Any mail becomes the property of the Crown the moment it is placed in a post box or handed to someone recognised as a Royal Mail official, be it a postman, post office employee or even a collector. After such action has taken place no one is allowed to retrieve the item until it has been duly processed and delivered to the recipients address as marked on the item.

Prior to this taking place the item(s) are still the property of the originator.

(My son recently went on an 'Open Day' and these were the rules, they were told.)

Thanks for the info. Reminds me of another "argument"/discussion point. Imagine you did some work for someone and they paid you cash for it, which you then lost. It's fair to say that the your customer has settled the deal and owes you nothing. But what if they paid you with a cheque which you lost. Have you been paid or not?

Sponsored Links
Back