Potable Water under Slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - fairly simple question for you: My Mains water pipe runs under the house through the crawlspace on the oversite then through the wall into the concrete floor of the old kitchen. Now I need to run it under the new concrete floor (no screed to run it in - don't ask). Do I just run some MDPE through the wall, into a conduit (do I need a conduit?), under the insulation and over to where it's needed? Or are there some other hoops to jump through. Building Control don't seem to care that much and while I will get a plumber to hook it all up I don't want to have just laid the slab for him to say 'ah - yeah - about that...'.

Hot water pipes can just be notched into the insulation as long as there are no 'joins' can't they?

Sponsored Links
On the cold main:

A continuous length of blue poly in conduit with easy bends, allowing it to be pulled out and replaced if necessary, can't be wrong.

Unlikely to fail this century anyway, but check it in 2150!

Why notch when you can drill the joists and snake plastic pipe through them - and as above, always try for long single length.

Sponsored Links
Didn't think of sending it overhead. Cunning.

For the under slab thing get some speedfit conduit and [25mm or 15mm?] MDPE. It's feeding one bathroom & one kitchen only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back