Potterton combi 80 not working please help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, recently moved into my first house so all this is new to me, I have power to the boiler but no led indicators on front I tested the fuse and it's fine when I opened up the boiler I found this laying in behind the pcb which has thrown me

Sponsored Links
Congrats! You found a random microswitch! :confused:

Combi 80 a.k.a. Potterton Puma notorious for circuit board burning out at the top left where the power goes in.

If you have no lights as you say then that would be the first place I would be checking.

Thank you for your reply, god knows where the micro switch came from but where I found it there was a few dead fuses with it so maybe it's been replaced an just left in there (I hope) I'm gonna replace the pcb 1st then from what I've read and own (limited) knowledge!!

You could take a look at the board first, the fault is a dry joint on the neutral wire which is pretty easy to resolder if it hasn't burnt the board out yet.

Sponsored Links
Where abouts in essex are you ? I have a new pcb in my garage somewhere but its the electronic version, does your boiler have a pilot light or are we talking about the 80e version ?

The electronic one can be converted into the PP version.

But its an easy repair job on the OP's unit for someone experienced at soldering.

Tony

There's a few people at work that should be able 2 solder it I'll pass it on 2 them and let u no how it goes!

Ok update worked out the dhw flowswitch wasn't in the correct position adjusted all working fine now thank you for all your help!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back