Potterton Puma 80 will not switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Puma 80 that has caused numerous problems over the last year. The most recent problem is severe, as the boiler will not come on at all. The power orange power LED on the front panel is off. I have tried re-wiring the plug and have tested the power coming into the boiler and all seems ok. If I leave the mains off for a while and then switch it on the power LED comes on BRIEFLY, but then goes out. The fuse on the main board is OK, but I am unsure what other points I can test for continuity.
Does anyone think this is a PCB problem? That seems to be a common problem in these forums.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Scott

Sponsored Links
Sorry if anyone took offence to that, I was only joking. My problem is that the guy who has looked after my CH for the past few years has retired, and so finding someonoe new feels like the lottery - I open the Yellow Pages, take a number and hope...!

Ask Potty for an installer in your area, and or log on to Corgi and find one by entering your postcode.

There may even be one or two on here that could bodge repair it for you, we do have all the best guys. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
there are many ways to get a decent person (they are inthe majority) try recommendation one of the websites that post client comments like vetted.com in the south area, the iphe, corgi themselves, also ask your insurance company they usually have afew they can call on.

I may have to, but I would like to see if I/we can get to the bottom of it first!

well I feel that the problem with your boiler cannot be resolved by a DIY approach and would advise you get a competent person to sort it out

sorry

sure loads will disagree and start posting how you can sort it out

I suspect you're right. But I do like to have an idea of what the problem might be, as this may stop me from getting ripped off. It does happen!

they normally burn out on the top left hand corner of the board usually pretty visible too.. dunno what it is with potterton/baxi pcbs but they burn out pretty quick changed loads on baxi 105s too

timmy74 said:
they normally burn out on the top left hand corner of the board usually pretty visible too.. dunno what it is with potterton/baxi pcbs but they burn out pretty quick changed loads on baxi 105s too

would agree its most likely the pcb cost abput £80 if it is... could also be the pump has blown the pcb fuse and only a pump replacement required..

first thing I would have looked at is the fuse then pump and also the pcb for the above mentioned...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back