Potterton combi 80 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I have a fairly old Potterton combi 80 boiler, looking at the boiler from the front on the left side at the very top there is a copper pipe capped on top. Fitted to this is a a small screw in black plastic plug from which water appears to be seeping. Can anybody tell me what the part is and possible reasons for a leak, thanks very much in advance to anybody who can help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the automatic air release valve AAV tighten the black plastic part as a temp fix and it should stop leaking, and then replace the valve when you get the chance, it wont do any harm to leave it closed for a short time, its purpose is to automatically allow any trapped air in the boiler to be released and they are very common to leak

This is what you need just a different colour cap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Potterton...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item1c3564bb37

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks Ian for your reply, I was in the middle of repairing the vacuum cleaner trying to work out what the kids had done to it this time when the missus shouted up about a pool of water under the boiler. Brilliant I thought, last place I looked was the top of course, thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back