Potterton Gold 24 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this installed a couple of weeks ago and still getting used to it so this may be a stupid question. Sometimes it will switch from central heating to hot water when I'm not running any water from anywhere with accompanying clunking sounds like a tap has been turned on (and I live on my own so it's not someone else!) Is this normal or does it mean that a tap in the flat above me or below me could be connected to my system? (the plumbing and electrics are a bit haphazard in my building so this isn't completely out of the question!!)

Thank for any help!

Sponsored Links
it can be one of two things ,
water movement in the cold main due to dead legs with air trappeds in them. this will cause the boiler to think u have opened a tap but not go as far as to actually fire up
the other is that the boiler is PREHEATING ie keeping the hot water ready for when you open a tap
to test for the first shut off the cold main ,this should stop it happening

Thank you. I think it is the heat exchanger keeping the water warm inside the boiler but am going to keep an eye on it in case it is any old pipes.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back