potterton netaheat 10-16 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Would anyone be able to offer some help please.

We are currently looking after my grandads vacant house.. we wanted to fre up the heating today. His boiler is a potterton netaheat 10-16. We have turned everything on, pilot light lights, thermostats set etc and the boiler kicks in. The outlet pipe is HOT... like super hot.... but no rads are getting any heat and the hot water isnt heating either...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem please?

I appreciate its an old boiler and most will say get rid, but my grandad passed away 12 months ago and his house is on the market, we just wanted to fire the boiler up and arent having much luck at present.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Sponsored Links
If the system's been dormant for a long time you may well have a stuck pump

Thankyou for your response... Excuse my ignorance but is there a way of unsticking the pump or is it a case of replacement?

Depends on the pump but most will have a central screw that you can remove, and behind that is the rotor which you can try to 'flick' with a screwdriver, might get it going, but really it'll need replacing

Sponsored Links
+1 for a sticking pump , it is not inside the boiler do not attempt to take the cover off this boiler it is positive pressure and you could render it dangerous if you tamper with it

Thankyou Ian. I'm not at the boiler at the moment. Where will the pump be and do you agree that giving it a 'flick' may get it going?

The pump will most probably be in the airing cupboard. Be aware that if you take the bleed screw out to try to get the pump going (which will need power to it as you do it, IE your programmer needs to be on) you'll get a bit of water out of it so you'll need an ice cream tub under it to catch the dribble

yes Dougie as muggles says trying to push start your pump wont do any harm and dont worry if a little bit of water escapes that is normal, but if it has started to jam then it will most likely do it more often so get it replaced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back