POTTERTON Netaheat MkIIF 10-16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My potterton netaheat 10-16 boiler stopped working!?

When the room thermostat gets below temp, it clicks in and the boiler kicks in (pilot light and fan) and makes all the right noises but it does not seem to light up to heat the water. On a very few occasions it does for just for a few short mins but then stops (fan keeps going and pilot light stays lit) Checked room theremostats etc
It's had a new relay but no joy!

mod

enter your e mail in your profile simon

not allowed on the forum

Sponsored Links
..........who seems to think its the Gas Valve once he had replaced the Relay after being sure that was the issue, then the PCB...... > ? Thanks for the quick reply.

if i remember rightly it has a mercury vapour to sense the pilot the boiler must be 15/20 years old start saving :cry:

Sponsored Links
....did not read the rules! Just desperate for an answer as i move house on Friday and got to get it sorted!!!!!!!!!!

bripl said:
if i remember rightly it has a mercury vapour to sense the pilot the boiler must be 15/20 years old start saving :cry:
Yes, around 20 years old but not keen on the idea to replace due to me moving house.!!!!

try simpsons of cuffley herts used to be known as simpsons spares they may have one sorry i cannot be more helpfull

bripl said:
try simpsons of cuffley herts used to be known as simpsons spares they may have one sorry i cannot be more helpfull
No problem . Thanks for trying. Looks like i better get the engineer back.. :(

Someone has missed something, like the boilers is working ok or the heating wont work either.

Dinosaur say check the electrics and zone valve for the cyinder, as well as the programmer and cylinder stat.

go to spec savers or reread the post doitall at your age it is easy to misread the smallprint :LOL:

doitall said:
Someone has missed something, like the boilers is working ok or the heating wont work either.

Dinosaur say check the electrics and zone valve for the cyinder, as well as the programmer and cylinder stat.

The boiler seems to be working and you get all the 'clicks' etc as normal, the pilot light comes on and the fan and all sounds to be working ok, its just that the main flame does not come on. (except on very few occasions) No CH or Hot water, it just seems that on the few occasions it does come on, its not on for more than a couple of mins and then goes out. (pilot light stays lit and fan keeps going).

simon

Had a similar problem with the NetaHeat in my old house.

It turned out to be a fault with the pressure switch which checks the fan is running.

The pressure switch was £50 and simple to fix

CIB

doitall could be right but all the symptons are of the vapour swicth first the fan runs aps then pilot then a few seconds delay then main burner if it was the zone valve or stat no pilot,no offence doitall i know you are 99.5% RIGHT most of the time but i have to disagree this time.perhaps simon will let us know the outcome

CIB said:
simon

Had a similar problem with the NetaHeat in my old house.

It turned out to be a fault with the pressure switch which checks the fan is running.

The pressure switch was £50 and simple to fix

CIB
I'm happy to pay someone to come and do it although the guy that came today seems to think it may be the gas valve, although if he buys it it's non returnable so i'll have to stump out £240!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back