Potterton Netaheat Profile 40e Tripping! PROBLEM Plz HELP

Got a heating engineer coming out tomorrow, so will report back..

Sponsored Links
I always feel a good vibration from the pump, but as of today: NOTHING!

Wasn't Good Vibrations a Beach Boys hit?

Or am I confusing it with a shop in San Fransisco?

Perhaps just the song about flowers in your hair ?

UPDATE.

Pump was changed today and was advised to leave the boiler stat @ Max. Both the central heating and hot water have been on fine for most of the day.

BUT,

Whenever I turn off the central heating via the control unit, the boiler trips after about 20 mins!

If I let it cool right down, I can reset the trip switch and boot up again. The boiler then stays on until I turn off the central heating. so on and so forth...

Oh and It might be unconnected, but the last Rad on the system, the one nearest to where the system was drained from is stone cold!

Has anyone any ideas what the cause maybe???????

Next, I try leaving both the hot water and the heating on constant and just turn the heating right down via the room stat too see what happens

HELP :cry:

Sponsored Links
Obviously there is still a problem with boiler/system, its a shame that whoever changed your pump today didn't spend a few moments checking over some pretty basic stuff.

Obviously there is still a problem with boiler/system, its a shame that whoever changed your pump today didn't spend a few moments checking over some pretty basic stuff.

What do you suggest to be the problem?

What checks could/should have been carried out?

Thanks

EN4

Few checks
1) Is the pump wired too and controlled by the boiler.
2) Is the pump overrun stat working correctly (unlikely fault from whats been described)
3) Does the system require & have a by-pass, is it set correctly.
4)Is main boiler stat within range.
5) System water quality.

Sounds a lot but all quick and simple to test/verify.

Few checks
1) Is the pump wired too and controlled by the boiler.
2) Is the pump overrun stat working correctly (unlikely fault from whats been described)
3) Does the system require & have a by-pass, is it set correctly.
4)Is main boiler stat within range.
5) System water quality.

Sounds a lot but all quick and simple to test/verify.

Many thanks for all that. I have been doing some crude basic checks all day and can now report the following, in the hope it might shed some light on what the cause of the problem is!

1. Heating & Hot Water on together = Good, until I turn off the heating (via control unit or room stat) and the boiler trips after 20 mins. BAD

2. Hot water off and heating on = Good.

3. Hot water and heating off = Good.

4. Hot water off and heating on via timer = Good.

5. Heating off and hot water on via timer = Good

Any help and assistance appreciated. ?

circulation/by-pass issue, contact your pump installer and inform him/her that there is still an issue with boiler locking out. I suspect it has some bearing on why the pump failed initially.
Obviously you are looking at an additional charge to rectify faults.

• Thanks
Reactions: EN4
Just had some success with the hot water set to constant and the heating set via the timer. So may just regulate that way for now?

Any idea on the best to to get my last Rad working. Its the last one on the system, near the drain point. Its full with water, but its and the feeder pipes to it are cold?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

EN4

turn boiler stat down to 2
turn off hot water at prog/timer
turn on heating at prog/timer/stat
turn off all working rads
turn on (check both ends) of rad not working

leave it to do it's stuff, if not successful after 1 hr call a heating engineer

• Thanks
Reactions: EN4
turn boiler stat down to 2
turn off hot water at prog/timer
turn on heating at prog/timer/stat
turn off all working rads
turn on (check both ends) of rad not working

leave it to do it's stuff, if not successful after 1 hr call a heating engineer

Fantastic. Thanks Heatingman.

Its seems to be working. I've had the Rad on for 50 mins and its warming up nicely. Still not 100% as hot, but getting there. Shall I Leave it for another hour? will that be okay?

Once I have put the boiler back up to 4, hot water back on and all ther other Rads back open. Should that be a permanent fix?

You are a star m8 :)

fingers crossed ay!

Hiya..

Just opened all Rads, turned boiler back up to 4, left the hot water off and the last Rad started cooling down, as did its feeder pipes.

Could this be anything to do with the plumber setting the new pump to position 1. The old pump used to be at 2, but he said as this one is new, leave it at 1.

Any help and points, appreciated as always.

Cheers

EN4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back