Potterton Performa 24 DHW Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have an issue with the above make of boiler. Basically 2 symptoms

1. when turning on the hot water in the bathroom it is only luke warm. Can be made scolding hot if the tap not on full force.

2. When tap in bathroom is on full force the rads start to heat up.

I have done a bit of research and it points to either the Plate HE or the diverter valve or both.

Questions! If the Plate HE is blocked is this easy to remove and clear?

Second, if the diverter valve is faulty will the whole casing need to be replaced or just the diaphragms inside?

Would it be the DHW valve or the CH valve which is faulty?

Thanks

Dante

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the whole diverter valve needs replacing.

But thats only based on what you have said! You have not said that it does not fire up on DHW when the heating is off!

While doing that the plate HE can be checked and cleaned.

Most boiler repairs like this are fiddly but achievable.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

Sorry I dont understand your last bit. The boiler fires up for both HW and CH but only luke warm DHW.

C

Yes, thats the senario that I replied to.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes that is the scenario. Sorry I am easily confused :D

When I moved in to the house the pressure differential had been leaking, where the pushrod is. I replaced the valve in that and all was sweet.

Final question.

Is the the only part I need to buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/potterton-mai...543108465&po=&ps=63&clkid=7291880088259792514

or do should I think about replacing the differential valves (bit with the pushrod, I don't know the lingo)

Pic attached or in album !! ?!?!

//media.diynot.com/151000_150624_31468_85286815_thumb.jpg

I will have a look at the plate when the valve is off, my Dad was a BG engineer for a fews years so I feel fairly confident!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
what tony ment was if you have the boiler on hot water only does the water heat or do you have the heating running while you turn the tap on.

i assume it works when only hw is on and would therefore guess its the main diverter valve that needs replaced as its passing. you could ask your dad to look at the colour of the system water as it could be related to poor water quality (choked up)

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back