Potterton performa 28 -"hot"water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have the above combi boiler which had hot water issues(i.e. none) 6months ago which I figured out was due to a faulty rubber diaphragm in the divertor valve assembly -when replaced all was well for a while but now I only can get properly hot water when the central heating is active -that was ok in winter now its a pain. Boiler kicks in ok when hot water wanted but doesnt get above luke warm. Also seems to send hot water round the radiators when CH is off when hot water taps open.
Any advice welcome . Is it time to call the plumber or is there a sensor I can clean/check first?
cheers
willis :(

Sponsored Links
There is problem with the divertor valve and it seems to be letting by thats why part of the hot water is bleeding into the heating circuit thus its not getting as hot as it should be

Common problem with alot of combi's and not to bad job to do on that particuliar boiler as you do have very isolation valves that actually work and drain off on the boiler itself

The heat produced is being shared between the hot water and the rads.

As a temporary measure close one of the CH isolating valves under the boiler and that will ensure all the heat goes into the hot water.

We aways replace the whole diverter valve as my experience is that any attempts at cleaning them is not very effective for long.

Remember the quiet period is June-August so make sure you get it repaired well before the heating season starts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back