Potterton Performa 28 Requires Regular Resetting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Performa 28 combi and all last week it was intermittently needing to be reset.

On one morning the boiler didnt light up at all until reset, then it ran OK for hours. On another occasion the boiler lit and ran for hours then went into reset and on other occasions it was fine. I replaced both spark and flame sensing electrodes yesterday and it ran ok for 2 hrs. Then last night it needed re-setting but this time the fan was cycling - starting and stopping, second by second. The pump is running OK, I have gas and electric and the flue is clear. :( Early on in the week the boiler reset no problem but last night with the fan issue it took 5 mins to reset it.

This morning it lit as normal and ran the DCH for the usual 1/2hr then went off on the timer - all OK. I just went to put the heating back on since its a tad chilly in Yorkshire this am, and the boiler is tring to ignite with a fat spark but the fan is cycling again. If I reset it there is still no joy. The same happens on hot water demand too. The fan warning light came on breifly this morning and went off again. Can anyone shed any light on this please. Do I need a new pcb?? Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back