Potterton Performa 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Performa 28i boiler and there was water coming from the valve in the expansion tank so I assumed the tank was u/s, the manual says it is necessary to remove the boiler to fit a new one so I fitted an external expansion tank and all seems to be fine but my question is that I notice there are two pipe connections on the expansion tank so are there three separate compartments in this model and is fitting a standard ext tank ok? Any info would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for the swift replies, I have replaced the PRV as there was a discharge but I just wondered if the exp tank had three separate compartments considering the Performa 28i is supposed to supply instant hot water to the DHW system.

Sponsored Links
instant vessels are different they store a quantity of hot water for instant delivery hence the 2 connections

Thanks gas112 but as dilalio says the CH and DHW primary circuits must mix in the exp vessel, is that correct?

l'm a little confused here, if therè are two water connections and one is CH and the other is DHW as the manual says, there must be three compartments in the exp vessel, I need a drink ha ha Merry Xmas.

l'm a little confused here, if therè are two water connections and one is CH and the other is DHW as the manual says, there must be three compartments in the exp vessel, I need a drink ha ha Merry Xmas.
You are worrying too much. As I said at the beginning, an external expansion vessel is okay.

Not worried so much as curious, CH working great no leaks and no loss of pressure, appreciate everybody's help.

Yes, two connections to the expansion vessel, on Performa 24i and 28i, also Baxi Instant. One connection is flowing in, and another is flowing out.

So the exp vessel in the 28i holds and heats water for DHW system, that being the case there is no exp tank for the CH.

So the exp vessel in the 28i holds and heats water for DHW system, that being the case there is no exp tank for the CH.

The difference is that the water in the vessel is hot. When there’s a hot water demand the primary circuits is kept hot so there’s a lesser delay in hot water.
The water in the vessel is not the water that comes out of the taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back