Potterton Prima 40f

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody shed any lighy (and provide some heating!) for me?

I have a potterton prima 40f which intermittently fails to fire up. One one occasion i removed the front cover to investigate - and the boiler fired up as i lifted the cover off!? It then run for 4 to 5 days, then failed to start up again. Once again, i proceeded to remove the cover & hey presto - the boiler fired up! I suspected that there may have been a loose wiring connection inside so checked all wires and could not find anything obvious. The boiler run for 6 days after this - so i thought that maybe my checking of connections had repaired any loose connections (without me realising...) However, today the same problem reccurred - though this time the removal of the cover has not led to a successful fire-up.

Incidentally, when the boiler does fires up it runs okay - though constant clicking can be heard from within the boiler and the boiler sounds as if it is constantly switching off & back on...(as if it has reached set temp )

I am now somewhat beginning to think that the main pcb may be at fault-has anybody encountered this scenario before and if so, how was it rectified?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back