potterton profile 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the above boilers. It is now playing up i.e. It makes all the right noises to come on but it does not light up. It does this several times and eventually it makes the same noises and this is followed by lighting up. The heating and hot water are working but these several attempts before it lights up indicate there is something wrong . Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
does the fan keep starting then stopping, if so the pcb is broke

THanks for your reply. I am still trying to work this out. It goes on and makes the usual noises but the boiler does not fire and when I feel the flue there is a definite flow of air indicating the fan is working. After a few attempts the unit starts up and then lights up showing that it is working. Do you think it is worth replacing the pcb with a reconditioned unit at £35 instead of a new unit at £140 and no returns if that is not the problem?

Sponsored Links

yes it does start and stop. also if I turn the control thermostat (normally at 2) to zero and leave for 10 seconds and then return to number 2 it works normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back