potterton profile fan runs but dont fire

If I remember correctly a faulty case seal can cause this problem. Had a problem a few years back where a customers was storing stuff on top of the boiler and slightly distorting the case.

Mike

Sponsored Links
theres a wiring block thats connected to the front of the pcb that can cause a dodgy connection when the pcb cover is raised into position. it catches on the overheat stat.sometimes vibration causes it to dislodge. check the pins are still connected to the pcb and the loom and block are o.k.

theres a wiring block thats connected to the front of the pcb that can cause a dodgy connection when the pcb cover is raised into position. it catches on the overheat stat.sometimes vibration causes it to dislodge. check the pins are still connected to the pcb and the loom and block are o.k.
Thanks for that i did check the casing seals for leaks with a match. I have left the cover down now to see if that works

If I remember correctly a faulty case seal can cause this problem. Had a problem a few years back where a customers was storing stuff on top of the boiler and slightly distorting the case.

Mike

thanks for that i have checked the casing seals are ok no leaks

Sponsored Links
if you had done what i told you tuesday before you brought the fan you would have known it was the aps.
nevermind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back