Potterton profile problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a profile 40e that has stopped working. It will not fire up, i is not the fan unit, the electrode sparks fine but no flame. I imagine its either the solenoid valve or the gas valve. I have checked and their is mains voltage to the solenoid valve. Anyone know if this can be bypassed to check which is at fault.

Sponsored Links
The fault does sound as if its associated with the gas valve.

This is a job for someone who is CORGI registered and anyone who even gave you a suggestion that you should repair it yourself could find themselves legally liable if you subsequently kill yourself or others!

Your suggestion that you "bypass" the gas valve would send shudders up any CORGI registered engineer's spine.

Rather than nit picking on irrelevant minor matters, this is the kind of posting that the moderators should lock. Anyone posting advice, however well intentioned, encouraging you to attempt something you are not competent to do safely could result in a massive legal claim against this web site's operater if anything went wrong.

Tony Glazier

probably not much if anything a corgi man would do than i would once established which part is at fault, however it is likely that a corgi man will be doing it, i am just trying to cut the time needed to establish the problem now, prior to my corgi mate returning from holiday

I have checked and their is mains voltage to the solenoid valve. Anyone know if this can be bypassed to check which is at fault.

You want to bypass the mains voltage to the solenoid ? What is that going to tell you !

Sponsored Links
I was right solenoid knackered, changed that and the valve all ok now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back