potterton proforma 28 combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a three year old unit. the hot water has decided to cycle, by this i mean goes hot and then cold. the hot improves if i reduce the flow.

The same problem occorred 1 year ago. I had a new plate heat exchanger and a water softener fitted (looks as though the softener does not work).

Is it the same fault, can i put the exchanger into an ultra sonic bath or descaler.

Does anyone have or know the price of a new exchanger.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will be the plate heat exchanger blocked again because you did not power flush or otherwise treat the system to remove dirt.

I have no reason to suspect your softener is not working properly.

Tony

The plumber injected a solution into the system, this was possibly the central heating though. No power flush was undertaken.

Thanks for your reply, what you say makes perfect sence.

If the stuff that was put in the system is a cleaner and the dirt is not removed when loosened up, you have even more chance to block the plate exchanger. No need for a new one, cleaning the system should take care of it.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the system or the secondary heat exchanger?

If you do a search you should find plenty on both.
See "powerflush"
"DHWHE"
"blocked"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back