potterton puma 80/80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my daughter rents a flat that has a potterton puma, not sure if its the 80 or the 80e but it has an annoying problem.
when they shower and switch off the shower the pilot light goes out at the same time.any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
my daughter has ben but the RGI who comes out cant sort it out and i was hoping for some advice on the site to point him in the right direction

my daughter has ben but the RGI who comes out cant sort it out and i was hoping for some advice on the site to point him in the right direction
Two options:
1. the chap knows what the problems is but can't fix it due to lack of available spares due to xmas; littel chance that any advice from us will change that.
2. He doesn't have a clue in which case he is a cowboy who should be replaced by a proper RGI. Was his card verified against the gsr database?

Sponsored Links
the landlady sent the guy in during the day when my daughter and her boyfriend are at work so they have,nt had a chance to meet the fella or verify his card with gas safe

For your information, not the most reliable boiler in the world, but easy to work on if you know them, and most parts will be on the shelf at a plumbers merchant.
Most landlords prefer to send the cheapest, rather than the best or the fastest engineer.

If it has a permanent pilot light , it will be the Puma 80 not the 80e. As bengasman has said, not the most reliable boiler in the world (must be fairly old now)
;) ;)

It will not fix the fault but may cause it to happen less often.

Try to only or mostly use hot water without mixing any or much cold with it. To do this turn down the hot water knob as low as you can whilst just getting enough heat to the shower.

In sugesting this I assume that you have correctly described the problem and that its ONLY at the shower and not when hot taps are used.

Tony

not the most reliable boiler in the world (must be fairly old now)

Joinerjohn, what do you not like about this boiler. What, in your opinion, makes this a boiler to ignore?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back