Potterton Puma 80 hot water prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My shower has started to go intermitingly cold whilst in use and takes a long time to return to hot which is slightly annoying to say the least.

This happens when no other taps/washing machine/dishwashers in the house are being used.

Shower is fed from a Potterton Puma 80 Combi boiler. CH is fine.

Any ideas of what has gone wrong here only started happening within the last month?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
might be wrong on this .but pretty sure its the one with the wax capsual on the divertor valve. if so it sounds as though this is a fault.

think i jumped in to soon with the answer. forgot to ask, is all hot water in the house like this. if not, wot shower do you have

Sponsored Links
yes all hot water in the house is like this. It's just a mixer shower fed direct from the combi boiler.

Its less likely to be the diverter valve. If thats failing it usually gives a problem getting CH.

Could be a problem with the DHW flow demand switch or the temperature control system.

Might need a competent boiler engineer to diagnose.

Tony

I'd agree, there's a few things which could be causing or contributing to the problem, but nothing particularly typical for this boiler which exactly fit the symptoms described.
To be sure of fixing it , one would have to be in front of the boiler while it's exhibiting the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back