Potterton Puma 80 wax capsules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Gents

My annual enquiry on a combi boiler niggle.

Can anyone enlighten me on whether there are a variety of wax capsules for a PUMA 80. The one purchased today does not match that which i have just removed.

Purchased from Euro Boiler Parts to fit PUMA 80, only it doesn't.

All sensible responses appreciated

Gizz

Sponsored Links
I have changed a few of these over the years and have only ever came accross 1 type , Thought that they had stopped supplying the wax capsual on its own and only supplied the complete valve, so Im obviously the wrong person to advise you, hopefully someone else on here can give you more up to date/better advice good luck

Cheers Ian

Im still looking , but have come across a referance to an ABCOT capsule which some one said is the wrong one, and also an ABTAP which Im now guessing is the right one.

If i get any info i'll post as and when.
Cheers
Gizz

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Steve, but that is the exact same part I have purchased today, but not the part I removed this evening.

I have had to clean and replace the original valve to keep my Lady sweet and for now it is firing on all cylinders.

Im not saying one is right and one is wrong but that part is not for my Puma 80.

Thanks again though Gents

Gizz :confused:

Be aware that Abcott and Europarts are the same firm.

Abtap is mostly supplied by Abcott !

I have been surprised by how little Abtap seem to know and what a small range of common parts they stock like not having a clip for the pump proving switch used on about 16 different boiler makes!

The wax stat can be tested by dropping into a cup of boiling water. It shoulod come fully out in 2-3 seconds. The other parts of the diverter have to be clean and sometimes thats the only problem but most often its the wax capsule being old and lazy!

Tony

Thanks for all the titbits gents.

Ive spent some time now looking through the old threads and am coming to the conclusion I may have been a bit premature in dismissing the part in my hand.

Looking through the manual and comparing the part I removed, I now thing I was looking at some kind of actuator which nestles in the diverter valve between the wax capsule and the valve itself.

I shall get some tools out again this evening and complete what should have been a straightforward job, fingers crossed.

Gizz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back