Potterton Puma 80E - Pressure Drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dreaded Puma 80E, which has started losing pressure over the course of a couple of days so that the Low Pressure trip stops it from working. So I refill and the same happens again.

There are no leaks around the case or the pipes in the house.

The heat exchanger is looking 2nd hand, and some of the fins are corroded, but it seems dry.

Could the heat exchanger be leaking while hot, and this be the fault? It has been too wet to see if the PRV is chucking water out of the pipe. It isn't continual if it is.

What next? I know most folks will say REPLACE but is there something I can do before it gets to that point?

Sponsored Links
Years in a puma yet. Clean the corrosion off. It should stop, unless there's a leak.
Put a plastic bag over the prv pipe to see if it drips. Put the pressure up just over 2 - it'll be more obvious!

Picked a nice dry day and refilled the system. The outflow was widdling out at less than 2 bar.

I'll try a new PRV, and take it from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back