potterton puma boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know what causes the solder on the neutral wire pin from the mains on the boiard to disappear

Sponsored Links
The holes in the substrate are too large and do not hold the pin firmly thus leaving the solder to form the mechanical as well as the electrical connection.

Normal flexing of the PCB and connections cause the solder to crack and arc thus eventually destroying the joint.

Tony Glazier

yeah its just strange how it always happens in the same place (i have found anyway)

If Potty had fixed it with a new version when the problem was first recognised it would be called a 'design fault'. After the years of revenue from replacement boards which were also cr*p, I'd call it 'planned obsolescence'.

Sponsored Links
bones001 said:
yeah its just strange how it always happens in the same place (i have found anyway)
When design defects in electronic products are manifested during the manufacturing process, the faults that occur tend to be the same. Why do you find this strange?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back