Potterton Suprima 40L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's hoping someone can help!

Came home this evening, house is cold, and the wife commented that she had no hot water this morning.

Alarm bells start ringing ...

Check out the boiler, it's not igniting it seems. The fan whirrs, but the red light flashes, about once a second, after resetting.

From a quick bit of research, it appears to be the PCB board? Is this a fair estimation?

If not, then what!

I am thinking that I should be calling British Gas tomorrow and taking out their care package for boiling. First call 24 hours later ... "my boiler has stopped working ..."

Is this ploy likely to work?

edit: I have tried to see if I can get in the case, but it is rivetted shut by the looks of it. I don't fancy getting my hands dirty, mainly due to complete lack of time available, and having a 6 months pregnant wife, I need to get it sorted!

Sponsored Links
try calling potterton

they will either change ot for free of charge you a fixed fee

:)

No,because theyll do a first visit before taking it on contract,any existing faults will have to be rectified first,at your cost.

try calling potterton

they will either change ot for free of charge you a fixed fee

:)

I assume that you are referring to Potterman changing for free? Is it a known fault in that case that is down to manufacturer fault?

Sponsored Links
Result !! wish all this had been on telly before i replaced my own one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back