potty potterton expansion vessel ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a potterton puma 100e combi boiler and the pressure vessel needs replacing , if i don't want to shell out for a stock one and instead fit a remote universal type outside the boiler how would i know what size to buy ?
most people seem to suggest fitting a t piece to the existing one but would it not be better to just disconnect the faulty one altogether and plumb in the new one on it's own ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
That boiler came with a 10 litre vessel. If it has coped with the system without a problem then you could argue to fit a remote 10 ltr vessel.
If it was me I would leave the existing vessel in situ (providing its not leaking)and fit a 12/15 litre vessel on the return as close to the boiler as possible. If you have the MI's this is covered at length.

thanks for the reply , when you say to leave the existing vessel in situ and fit the new one on the return do you mean fit it to the existing take off point for the stock one ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
No, ignore the old and just leave it where it is if its not leaking.
Tee into the 22mm copper return as close to the boiler as you can and fit the new EV there. Haven't you got the MI's? There maybe room underneath the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back