Pound in biggest monthly fall against the dollar since 2016...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All or most currencies have fallen against the dollar

Said so on the radio 4 news this morning were it was discussed

Sponsored Links
I think I read that the Euro is the weakest it’s been against the dollar for 20 odd years. Worth less than a dollar I think.

Sponsored Links
;) Pointless posting relevant facts but well done :mrgreen: The value of the dollar has increased.

The entire post was pointless imo

Just another blame it on those who voted brexit

It’s all there fault usual caper :mrgreen:

From the anti UK brigade

Said person was leaving the UK at
One time

We all had the I have had enough fare we’ll speech mince

But for some reason decided to stay in the UK and soldier on

What a trooper a :ROFLMAO:

Another fruit cake in here decided to move back to the UK from his beloved France

blimey what a trooper

Last edited:
Curious - how much a litre?
You seem to be one of Truss's forgoten lot but the problem has been mentioned. Actions -nothing so far.
Just over a £1 a litre £ 509 for 500 litres compared to £210 in January this year . will last about three months if lucky .

I think I read that the Euro is the weakest it’s been against the dollar for 20 odd years. Worth less than a dollar I think.
I think I read pound is the weakest its been against the dollar for almost 40 years……

so despite a war neighbouring EU, pound is still doing way worse…..good old Brexit.

I think I read pound is the weakest its been against the dollar for almost 40 years……

so despite a war neighbouring EU, pound is still doing way worse…..good old Brexit.

The euro hasn't been around for 40 years though so that's an odd thing to say.

But when you look at the graphs the £ is similar to where it was in 2020 and it was close to the best it had been in May 2021. A weaker exchange rate is not necessarily a bad thing for a country.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 07.14.31.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 07.14.31.png
    280.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Indeed:
Lower £ means our exports get cheaper while imports get more expensive.
So our exports improve while the incentive to import stuff reduces as they get more and more expensive.
This overall is often better for our economy - at the expense of other economies.
This is why countries go for "competitive devaluations" and why other countries are furious when the country in question does it.
This is also why the BofE was in the recent past not raising interest rates and talking about transitory inflation and the rest. In short they were trying to keep the £ down by talking it down

Just over a £1 a litre £ 509 for 500 litres compared to £210 in January this year . will last about three months if lucky .
Wow. Rural areas also have poorer people. Oil was cheaper than bottled gas. Some use that too so I wonder how they will get on.

Fuel prices have decreased for cars etc but of late diesel is usually ~20p/L dearer.

The euro hasn't been around for 40 years though so that's an odd thing to say.
Didn't myself see where notchy said that the euro had been around for 40 years...

Maybe you ought to go to specsavers?

This is also why the BofE was in the recent past not raising interest rates and talking about transitory inflation and the rest. In short they were trying to keep the £ down by talking it down
You think so? Ok fine by me.

The entire post was pointless imo

Just another blame it on those who voted brexit

It’s all there fault usual caper :mrgreen:

From the anti UK brigade

Said person was leaving the UK at
One time

We all had the I have had enough fare we’ll speech mince

But for some reason decided to stay in the UK and soldier on

What a trooper a :ROFLMAO:

Another fruit cake in here decided to move back to the UK from his beloved France

blimey what a trooper
Do tell us...

Is there a diynot troll school?

Because so many of you pop up spouting the same boring old b*llshit it can't be by coincidence ;)

How quickly can you pass around that single brain cell, and what do you do when you are not in possession of it?

Oh silly me, I forgot...

You must then resume mod duties :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back