Power cables in the wall?

voltage_bands.png

Sponsored Links
Once again you reveal how pointless it is for you to spout your nonsense when you have no idea what the wiring regulations say, because you have never had nor read a copy. Maybe time to stop posting, George?

My name is NOT George. Not only are you being rude about a question not directed to you, you are mixing up members.

My name is NOT George. Not only are you being rude about a question not directed to you, you are mixing up members.
I do not believe it is being rude to try to protect visitors to this forum against your misinformation. I would have probably been more polite if this were the first time you have attempted to mislead people, but it seems to be an on-going obsession with you to do this.

Sponsored Links
I do not believe it is being rude to try to protect visitors to this forum against your misinformation..

There was no misinformation. This is factually correct.

"Band I is a TV broadcast band 48 to 68MHz, no longer used in Europe.
Band II is the FM broadcast band."

It may not be what Risteard was referring to so that is why I asked the question.

An apology would be appreciated.

There was no misinformation. This is factually correct.

"Band I is a TV broadcast band 48 to 68MHz, no longer used in Europe.
Band II is the FM broadcast band."

But totally irrelevant because you have not got the basic knowledge required to advise visitors to this site.

Still have no idea why concealing the equivalent of an extension lead in the ceiling and wall is even being considered.

@flameport purely to avoid the cost of getting an electrician in

Oh and I’ve seen some terrible interference from power cables so I’d considered putting two trunks in

But totally irrelevant because you have not got the basic knowledge required to advise visitors to this site.

It may not be what Risteard was referring to so that is why I asked the question.

An apology would still be appreciated.

20191201_174033.jpg
For the record, I buried a conduit big enough for a video cable connector and a mains cable. Regarding band i/band ii, I took a view. This was that if the two cables were safe next to each other in the open (or safe enough to hold in the hand), then they were safe near each other in a two inch conduit. (Strictly speaking this does not meet regulations.) The installation has been buried in the plaster for 12 years without cracks appearing.

It seems logical to fit a socket. Anyone who can channel out the wall, should be able to fit that socket, and not need an electrician.

Not the prettiest, but I only had limited time.

@flameport I need a sparky to fit the wiring though? Even though I know what cable to use and how to spur from the existing ring?

I need a sparky to fit the wiring though? Even though I know what cable to use and how to spur from the existing ring?
What makes you think that? If you are competent to do it safely, you can do it.

Kind Regards, John

I've been hearing this a lot lately, out and about. There seem to be professionals (both plumbers and electricians), spreading false stories about how a diyer is no longer allowed to touch the wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back