Power flush and new boiler replacement - £450!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I just called another guy and got quoted £450 for a boiler replacement and power flush!

Furthermore, the guy is an accredited Vaillant fitter meaning that my warranty will be extended from 2 to 5 years!!!!

Muhahahaha - what were all the rip off merchants saying in the other thread? Booya!

Sorry guys but some of you are dudes are day light robbers asking for £840 (without a power flush)

FYI, he will be using a kamco machine with x800

Sponsored Links
So I just called another guy and got quoted £450 for a boiler replacement and power flush!

Furthermore, the guy is an accredited Vaillant fitter meaning that my warranty will be extended from 2 to 5 years!!!!

Muhahahaha - what were all the rip off merchants saying in the other thread? Booya!

Sorry guys but some of you are dudes are day light robbers asking for £840 (without a power flush)

VAT?

Cash in hand job.

No VAT. Price quoted is price paid.

Price breakdown was:

£300 to remove, replace boiler and do all the condensing pipework, masonary for new flue etc.

£150 to power flush.

You can't beat that especially when the guy is accredited by Vaillant themselves.

VAT?

Labour only.

Sponsored Links
Also, he said the boiler replacement would take no longer than 5 hours for him and his team to install.

Exceptional service at an exceptional price!

I will report back and let you all know how it went.

don't forget to come back afterwards and let us know how it went.

Was the photo on his gassafe card a good likeness?

It's great that even for a cash-in-hand job he will be completing and signing the paperwork enabling you to get the extended warranty.

How will he register the install with gas safe or the warranty with Vaillant if its cash in hand?

Any monkey can work for peanuts, if he wants to sell himself short that's up to him, thing is, you could be lying through your teeth for all we know, and most likely are.

I got a new clutch and gearbox supplied and fitted for £350.00, cash in hand and got to sleep with garage owners gorgeous daughter, proof, oh yea there isn't any, funny that, innit.

Rest of you, don't let this **** get you going, it's a troll.

MODS

Please don't lock this thread, like you did to the other one.

The OP on here is good entertainment, and what he says gives us all a good laugh!

;)

How can a siuccesful installer avoid VAT registration, legitamately?

£450 is a god wage for 5 hours, but add on lunch, travel time, clearing and loading van, obtaining materials it is a days work. Still not a bad wage. Especially if you ignore all the overheads and capital cost of tools gear and PF kit. Oh. and the chemichals.

However, a proper p/flush alone will take 5 hours.

[quote="systematic";p="1859853"]Cash in hand job.

No VAT. Price quoted is price paid.

Price breakdown was:

£300 to remove, replace boiler and do all the condensing pipework, masonary for new flue etc.

£150 to power flush.

You can't beat that especially when the guy is accredited by Vaillant themselves.[/quote]

Sorry, when I last replied, I hadn't scrolled down properly and didn't see past price quptred is price paid.

So, he's going to powerflush for £150!!. Chemichals are over £25!
I now assume it' s just the boiler in 5 hours? For his team. So min. 10 work hours @ £30 per hr.

He,s doing it cash in hand so presumaby no tax or NI declaration? So he will be off his head to register the boiler, either with GS or Vaillant, so where does that leave your 5 yr warranty?

Smoke and mirrors. Most of us on this site will be legit, your guy is probably doing a Private Job. I hope you are not to worried about lack of insurance.

Honestly, i have no idea about the VAT but im assuming its a cash in hand job. I know for a fact he is gas safe registered, i also know for a fact he is vaillant accredited.

I wont mention the 2 sites he is on but on both, he has got over 70 jobs completed (most ar boiler replacements) with a 100 percent rating.

He also has a proper website but there is no way i am going to link you guys to it. Chances are you'd call him up and try and get him out of doing this for me.

He isnt selling himself short. He simply thinks 500 quid for a couple of days work is suffiecient unlike the robbing tw@'s who want twice that for half the work.

Dont hate you rogue traders, appreciate.

Im gonna take pictures of some X800 rolling down the crack of my batty crease. Wooooooohooooooo!

im assuming its a cash in hand job. I know for a fact he is gas safe registered, i also know for a fact he is vaillant accredited.

He isnt selling himself short. He simply thinks 500 quid for a couple of days work is suffiecient unlike the robbing tw@'s who want twice that for half the work.

So its illegal .Cash in hand , Del boy styel. Ie NO PAPERWORK. Are you stupid as well as arrogant? No paperwork means no LA notification via Gas Safe (which is another cost to legit traders) and NO vaillant notification, which means NO Warranty ,and probably no insurance.

By the way it isn't £500 wages for two days.

And his installer is probably one of these
sm1.jpg

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back