Power flush and new boiler replacement - £450!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Mod.

I was merely pointing out that Tony is trying to rip me or anyone else for that matter, off.

£840 for 12/13 hours of work is ridiculous especially when you take into consideration that 4 - 6 of those hours are the power flushing machine operating automatically using the customers water and electricity.

A boiler replacement (Combi2Combi) with a power flush should not cost any more that £550 - 600. End Of.

Sponsored Links
Tony, why is it everyone else I've ever heard quoted on the forum say it will be done in a day? Are you saying that 90% of your industry are doing the job wrong?

abuse removed

It seems typical that when its pointed out that you have not told the truth all you can do is become abusive.

I appreciate that your cheap power flushers do just that sitting down while the pump makes a noise.

However, proper power flushing is very labour intensive and involves running around the house as each rad has to be turned on/off individually. Thats the difference between doing it cheaply and doing it properly.

I quote about three days to change a boiler. Just balancing the rads can take 2-3 hours! I also give a proper guarantee and return if there are any further issues. Your cheap installers dont answer their phone once they have been paid.

If you search on this forum you will see many cases of problems where people have employed cheap ( or just rip off cowboys ) to install boilers. When problems arise they either disapear or dont know what to do!

Tony

3 days to change a boiler? Are you having a laugh?

Many and I mean MANY boiler fitters can get the job you are talking about done in 13 hours or so.

4 - 8 hours for a boiler change
5 - 6 hours for a power flush

12 or 13 hours converts into 1.5 days NOT double. You are effectively charging double the price and taking double the time to do the job, which clearly shows how you justify £840.00

Sorry Mod.

I was merely pointing out that Tony is trying to rip me or anyone else for that matter, off.

£840 for 12/13 hours of work is ridiculous especially when you take into consideration that 4 - 6 of those hours are the power flushing machine operating automatically using the customers water and electricity.

A boiler replacement (Combi2Combi) with a power flush should not cost any more that £550 - 600. End Of.

i do understand where your point is coming from and made in a constructive manner wuld be woth a valid discussion

but

in 6 pages in this thread you have pulled up on Tony's £840 "quote" on literally every page.

Now if somebody chooses to charge £840 then that is their porogative - nobody holds a gun to the clients head to accept the quote!

You obviously think that its too much for the work and have a price that is reasonable to you for the job, i dont see why u feel the need to keep attacking a price quote that was not even made to you personally for your particualr job!?

AS anything in life pal - things are only worth as much as you are prepared to pay!
You are happy with your price and quality of work that u will get so i dont see the need to attack others!

Sponsored Links
Tony, why is it everyone else I've ever heard quoted on the forum say it will be done in a day? Are you saying that 90% of your industry are doing the job wrong?

That is PRECISELY my point.

Most if not, all can get the replacement done in a 3/4 of a day and will state the power flush will take approximately 5 hours (half day) using the customers electricity and water.

I bet you a million pounds I can phone any random boiler fitter or expert and ask them how long for a replacement and power flush and EVERYONE of them will laugh at 3 days.

I think Tony forgot to mention that he himself will be producing the chemical used in the PF machine - X1000 - human deposit that is quite strong in smell and yellow in color.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back