Power flush and new boiler replacement - £450!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Engineers need to bring in £400 a Day I don't live in big house I dont drive a flash car In reallity i have less cash now that when i worked for a contractor! You must remember that prices Quoted are TURNOVER self employed live on PROFIT and at £150 for a poweer flush (Including Chemicals?!!) there aint no profit!! End Of! :rolleyes:

£400 a day to survive? Don't talk such rubbish. A painter/decorator has the same overheads as you and brings in £120 a day. What planet do you live on? :rolleyes:
Does he need to pay annual subscriptions, take time off unpaid to do courses/exams, do his paint brushes need to be sent off for calibration?

Sponsored Links
Cor, these gas fitters are as thick as thieves. Enjoy ganging up on and slagging people off :rolleyes:

They hate the fact that they are getting beaten on a quote that is

1) Cheaper
2) Done by a better fitter than them (Vaillant accredited)

Bit of jealousy me thinks.

I still can't believe they are making comments trying to justify that £840 is a reasonable/acceptable quote despite knowing that a Vaillant accredited and/or British Gas engineer is cheaper than their rogue trading business.

Sponsored Links
They hate the fact that they are getting beaten on a quote that is

1) Cheaper
2) Done by a better fitter than them (Vaillant accredited)

Bit of jealousy me thinks.

I still can't believe they are making comments trying to justify that £840 is a reasonable/acceptable quote despite knowing that a Vaillant accredited and/or British Gas engineer is cheaper than their rogue trading business.

If a mank who thinks that the most important aspect of an install is the price, has met another mank on an internet site who caters for the bargain-basement, bottom end of the market, then we're all really made-up for you mate. You're a perfect match. Think of Myhammer as a dating service for clueless people and bang-em-in and run merchants.

You're happy with a cash in hand boiler-basher, we're happy with our clients who are more selective, and want to pay a little more for the trust and after sales service back-up that we offer.

Mad for it! ;)

What do you think it takes to be Vaillant accredited?
I already know, but I don't think you are aware.

Also you judgement is floundering, one minute the guy must be the nuts and the next you wont trust him with a flushing machine.

If a customer agrees to pay a trades person an agreed sum of money, how does that make the trades person a theif or a rip off merchant or a **** (rhymes with hunt) ??

I buy, renovate and sell houses. In between I do general property maintenance, run a security (alarm) company and loads of other stuff like repairing guitars.

Which basically means he buys up houses on the cheap ...

No it doesn't. It means he talks out of his arse. He makes far too many remarks that clearly demonstrate he knows absolutely zilch about renovating houses, or running a company.
He is either on the dole, or a shelve stacker at Asda's with an enormous chip on his shoulder.

If a customer agrees to pay a trades person an agreed sum of money, how does that make the trades person a theif or a rip off merchant or a **** (rhymes with hunt) ??

I like that post 1john :D very good :D

[quote="bengasman";p="1860726"]
...I still can't believe they are making comments trying to justify that £840 is a reasonable/acceptable quote

£840 for a boiler change is not a reasonable quote.[/quote]

I can't find anyone quoting £840 for a STRAIGHT SWAP. I recall, I think tony ? Argi talking of £840, but not a SS.

So again can the thieves please answer the question from page 2 - how can any of you justify replacing a combi boiler with another combo boiler for £840 (does not include power flush) with a customer supplied boiler? Please don't give me the crap about petrol, lunch, packing gear into the car etc.

I appreciate that telling the truth is perhaps not one of your main attributes!

However, why do you persist in saying that boiler install price does not include a power flush?

Cleaning the system is a part of any professional boiler installation and thus it is required and so it is not optional as your cheap installers seem to think by charging extra for it.

Tony

I buy, renovate and sell houses. In between I do general property maintenance, run a security (alarm) company and loads of other stuff like repairing guitars.

Which basically means he buys up houses on the cheap ...

No it doesn't. It means he talks out of his arse. He makes far too many remarks that clearly demonstrate he knows absolutely zilch about renovating houses, or running a company.
He is either on the dole, or a shelve stacker at Asda's with an enormous chip on his shoulder.

I do very well thanks all the same. You are the one that thinks you need £400 a day just to survive. :rolleyes: BTW those enormous chips at Ada are called Steak Chips. :mrgreen:

abuse removed

It seems typical that when its pointed out that you have not told the truth all you can do is become abusive.

I appreciate that your cheap power flushers do just that sitting down while the pump makes a noise.

However, proper power flushing is very labour intensive and involves running around the house as each rad has to be turned on/off individually. Thats the difference between doing it cheaply and doing it properly.

I quote about three days to change a boiler. Just balancing the rads can take 2-3 hours! I also give a proper guarantee and return if there are any further issues. Your cheap installers dont answer their phone once they have been paid.

If you search on this forum you will see many cases of problems where people have employed cheap ( or just rip off cowboys ) to install boilers. When problems arise they either disapear or dont know what to do!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back