Power Flush - Indication of Cost Please

if you where in east nashville they just put a gun to your head then you know you are getting robbed

not really a lot of difference exept they where a small tad more subtle

Hi kevplumb,

Marginally more subtle i will agree as it was the bank manager who would want to shoot me in this case! I think we are on our way to inventing a plumbing and heating version of Cluedo!

Best wishes,

Tracey

Sponsored Links
the pump change price and powerflush are outrageous, considering its a bungalow as well.
I don't know how you stand legally if they gave a quote upfront which you agreed too but I would still argue and try for a reduction. And tell all yours friends and anyone you meet that they are very expensive and to steer clear.
Without seeing job I'd estimate over phone at £300-350+vat for the job, full chemical hot/cold machine flush, TDS readings and certifed water test report from Fer~~x.

John.

the pump change price and powerflush are outrageous, considering its a bungalow as well.
I don't know how you stand legally if they gave a quote upfront which you agreed too but I would still argue and try for a reduction. And tell all yours friends and anyone you meet that they are very expensive and to steer clear.
Without seeing job I'd estimate over phone at £300-350+vat for the job, full chemical hot/cold machine flush, TDS readings and certifed water test report from Fer~~x.

John.

Hi John, thanks for your reply. We did not have a quote up front for either job. To be honest, i didn't question the pump job cost at the time; it was only when the power flush invoice arrived that we had concerns. The company owner insists that the power flush was, in his words, "a good job for a fair price" which it obviously was not.

I understand that if a customer does not ask for a quote then the legal position is that the price should be fair and reasonable whereas if a quote is accepted, and then disputed, the legal view is that the purchaser should pay as the quote was effectively accepted by them.

As i said in an earlier post, many may consider us naive but we trusted the company as their servicing costs had always seemed reasonable.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Tracey,go and talk to your local trading standards. I would not pay the balance if need be go to court. gavin

Sponsored Links
Tracey,go and talk to your local trading standards. I would not pay the balance if need be go to court. gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your advise which i think i will take. I did take advise a few weeks ago from a consumer group i found online and they suggested i should ask other companies for quotes which i was reluctant to do as it did not seem a fair action to ask people to do that knowing that i did not need the work done.

To be honest, i dread the thought of this guy taking us to court and i have written to him advising that we are very willing to pay for the work but not the invoiced amount and he will not budge.

I will call Trading Standards and see what they suggest.

Thanks again,

Tracey

definatetly worth bringing to the attention of local T/Stds.

If your gave him the work expecting a fair and reasonable charge (no quote) as you trusted him I would offer £300+vat, or better still just get a relative to send a cheque on your behalf as full and final settlement. If he cash's it end off job done, it must be a third party cheque on your behalf, some legal point.

If he wants to sue you he will loose, he has taken advantage of your trust with the pump overcharge and must of thought all his christmas's had come at once when you agreed to the flush. His mindset "we got £400 just for the pump, we''ll get £800 for a powerflush.

Get some proper legal advise, case review with a soliciter are reasonable.

definatetly worth bringing to the attention of local T/Stds.

If your gave him the work expecting a fair and reasonable charge (no quote) as you trusted him I would offer £300+vat, or better still just get a relative to send a cheque on your behalf as full and final settlement. If he cash's it end off job done, it must be a third party cheque on your behalf, some legal point.

If he wants to sue you he will loose, he has taken advantage of your trust with the pump overcharge and must of thought all his christmas's had come at once when you agreed to the flush. His mindset "we got £400 just for the pump, we''ll get £800 for a powerflush.

Get some proper legal advise, case review with a soliciter are reasonable.

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.

Thanks for your advise about a suggested settlement fee. I will look into the third party cheque element as i was not aware of that.

I quite agree that it seems to be a case of trying to get away with as much as possible on his behalf.

Best wishes,

Tracey

Despite the poor buildquality and extortionate price, the magnacleans do a pretty good job keeping the system clean after it has been flushed. I advice people to have them when I flush a system or install a new boiler, but it certainly is not standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back