Baxi Combi 105e Problem...help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.... I'm a newbie and require your help please.

I done a power flush on my central heating yesterday. I connected the power flush by removing a radiator and connecting to the tails.

My baxi combi 105e was turned on during the flush to heat up and worked fine.

However after finishing the boiler does not fire up anymore on hot water or central heating. The pump makes a whirring or gurgling noise for about 20 seconds and the light for 60 comes on indicating pump fault or low pressure.

Can anyone please help me with guidance as to what i can do please.

much appreciated

zico

Sponsored Links
Sounds like air in the pump.
Did you disconnect the pump when you were doing the flush?

no, the pump was left connected to the boiler. do you think i have knackered the pump ?

it was my 1st power flush and dont think i'll be doing again for a while.

I always disconnect the pump, and if half possible connect the powerflusher to the pump connection on the boiler so I can clean the plate hex too.
Despite what most people say, to do a powerflush properly requires skill.

Sponsored Links
cool, will know for next time.

ant ideas on how i can get this boiler up and running again mate ?

how do i get rid of the air if it is that ? what else can i do or check please ?

For the time being you can try bleeding the pump, and check the torque whilst you are at it.

can you explain how i can bleed the pump please ? do i need to remove the pump head or just the silver screw from the centre ?

Sorry, I thought you were a rgi; yes, just take silver screw out.

really appreciate your help. i'm a totally new to all of this and learnign the hard way.

Thanks mate... will give that a go and see what happens.

if that dont help....what do you think would be the next step ?

Test the torque of the pump, if weak, new pump.

Have a read through faq and wiki, lot of helpful info.
And if you are a new rgi, sign up for "combustion chamber" section.

Undo the litte black cap on auto air vent on top of pump that is your problem

is this an instant by any chance.anyway can be a right pain to get air out. usually a bit of paitiance and bleeding the air on the pump helps .you can usually see the state of whats happening, looking at the pin that activates the ch microswtch.on a normal 105e its the one that sits on the divertor at the top rear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back