Power flush problems

Engineer Lane said:
.The chemical cleaner had "cleaned away" the corrosion which was on the outside/inside of this coil where it is soldered to the inside of the tank wall - allowing Boiler heater water to pass from the coil into the tank water.
Interesting,maybe next time round leave the hot water motorized valve in shut position or disconnect the cylinder coil temporary and by-pass it ????.

Sponsored Links
Masona
That should stop the chemical from entering the HW heating circuit nicely.
I only wish I had done that with my brothers system :( Although I guess that joint would have "gone" eventually....
paul

DESPERATE DAN,do you know where the powerflush machine was connected to ?[/quote]

The 'engineer' ? had to weld two new valve openings on to the inlet & outlet pipes that come out from the bottom of the boiler. As I had to go to work, I didn't see how the powerflush machine was attached. How he could run the thing for 2-3 hours if it was failing to free the blockage, lends me to ask what route the liquid was taking.

Sponsored Links
Dan do you know what chemical was used? It may have been DS40 - comes as a poeder, which is citric acid (ish) which is normally not a problem. So your leaks would have shown up sooner or later. I once had a pipe which looked like a length of garden sprinkler hose!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back