Power flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any body have a rough guide to powerflushing a central heating system that has poor circulation all the normal causes of poor circulation have been ruled out. I am more than able to carry out the process but could just do with a few pointers, do you do all the system at once?, do you isolated the boiler from the system?, what chemicals do you use when flushing and when finished. A local tool hire company hires the pump and all connections so I was going to give it a go :confused:

Sponsored Links
To make a powerflush effective, you use acid. Do it wrong and your boiler is dead or dying. If you must do it yourself, take a day’s course on how to do it properly.

Whilst we are on the subject of flushing, what is the going rate for power flushing? I was at a new customers today who wanted a quote for a new boiler, BG had been there four times, service and new circulator pump.. then new stat on the boiler (Because the boiler was boiling and cutting out on overheat)... then a power flush which didn't fix the prob.. and finally they concluded that she needed a new boiler.... None of the engineers who attended noticed that she had TRVs on every radiator, turned down low and no bypass :rolleyes:

The bill for flushing alone was over £700... Even I was stunned :eek: Am I living in a cave and charging too little?

Sponsored Links
Seven rads and she said that the water that they showed her was clear with a few black bits in the bottom of the jar.. Yesterday I flushed a system with water that looked like printers ink.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking.. Would have been even better if she intended to pay the bill...All that grief for them not to notice that the rad valves were all down low... Either they are very very stupid or very very devious... The reason that she called BG is because she is a girl on her own and didn't want to be ripped off by dodgy plumbers :!:

To make a powerflush effective, you use acid. Do it wrong and your boiler is dead or dying. If you must do it yourself, take a day’s course on how to do it properly.

Good idea. Kamco in St. Albans do a course for £30 - long way from Yorkshire though.

30 quid is for free for a day's good course
irrelevant anyway compared to a day's income lost and travel expense

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back