power shower failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, we have just moved into a 10 year old house which has 2 triton Aquasensation AS2000T power showers (one in the en suite and one downstairs on the ground floor - its one of those 3 storey houses). the house had been empty for a couple of years and when we moved in for the first week the shower upstairs seemed ok although sometimes it wasnt very warm and other times it was fine. the other morning i used it and when it came to switch it off - it wouldnt! it turned down a bit but the water kept flowing. i switched it off at the pull string but still wouldnt stop. had to get a plumber in who switched it off at the isolator in the airing cupboard. didnt do anything else as its a rented house so he didnt suggest anything. went to use the shower on ground floor but there is now nothing coming out of that one although it sounds like the power is getting thru as sounds like the pump is making the right noise but no water. would there be one pump for the 2 showers and by switching the isolator off would it ave turned both off? always happens over a bank holiday doesnt it. also do u think it needs a new shower upstairs or could it be something else?? many thanks, sue

Sponsored Links
sometimes it wasnt very warm and other times it was fine.
thats your supply not a shower issue.
if your cylinder hw is not very hot then your shower won't be.
this shower don't heat it's own water only mixes it.
make sure your cylinders up to temp before using shower.

the other morning i used it and when it came to switch it off - it wouldnt! it turned down a bit but the water kept flowing.
solenoid coil has failed, need to check with a multi meter.
if the coil proves ok then the assembly needs changing.

a plumber in who switched it off at the isolator in the airing cupboard.
went to use the shower on ground floor but there is now nothing coming out of that one

more likely isolated both showers or both work off one isolator.

also do u think it needs a new shower upstairs or could it be something else?? many thanks, sue

no 15 min job top for someone who knows this shower.
as said need to check the solenoid coil for resistance first.

thank you. i have a feeling the plumber that came wasnt very clued up on electric power showers, although i assumed all electric showers heated up their own water rather than relying on the water in the tank? Learn something every day! i think after the holidays i'll find another plumber who understands them.

If you call triton they offer a guaranteed repair for £140 including parts, good if it is the shower faulty

Sponsored Links
I would not have expected their cheap and nasty showers would even cost £140

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back