power shower temperature control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

I have the same problem, I fitted a 1.5 bar pump to the bath tap/shower mixer, the shower now works as a power shower rather than a drip! The tap mixes the water fine, but when I change it to the shower setting it will only run very hot or very cold. I have identified that the problem is that the water pressure for the cold is a lot higher than the hot, so when I turn on the cold it takes over and I get no hot. I believe that the answer is to install a pressure reducing valve.

But I have the following questions:

Should I fit a value to both the hot and cold pipes?

Do I fit the value between the water supply and the pump, or between the pump and the tap/shower mixer?

If anyone is able to help answer the above it would be much appreciated.

Rob, I hope that helps diagnose your problem.

Regards

Pauley

Sponsored Links
Pauley, please start your own thread and you'll get some help I'm sure. Your systems may be entirely different so it'll get confusing.

However, guess off the bat, yes, as Pauley says, you have a system with unbalanced supplies. Mains cold but gravity hot or unbalanced supplies with an unvented.

What sort of hot water system do you have? Combi boiler? Standard vented system? Unvented?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back