power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm attempting to install a power shower, i've taught myself the plumbing part which is now complete but now comes the electrics. how do i connect a pull cord switch when i have 6 wires (3 in and 3 out) when there is only 2 connectors on the switch. Next is how to connect main power through a fused switch. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
By "power shower", do you mean a pump which boosts the water pressure, or an instant-heat electric shower?

Ah, Triton power showers are just power showers, and don't do the heating, so this should be quite easy.

The pull cord switch you have is a light switch, designed for a loop in system. I reccomend you get a double pole ceiling switch before we continue.

Sponsored Links
ok thanx i'll get one and be back on here tomorrow. thanx again

While you're at it, you should also get an FCU if you don't have one already.
This shall be installed outside the bathroom.

If the nearest socket circuit is not RCD protected, get an FCU with built in RCD protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back