power showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
to be honest do more heating and gas than plumbing, but a friend has asked me to look at a power shower that someone else had fitted about 6 mths ago which is not working.

apparently when you turn the taps on, the pump iS heard to run, but the water will run for about 20seconds then stop, (but he says that the pump is still running but making a racket.

i thought that as soon as the flow stopped then the pump would stop? am i correct here.

i have not been there yet, but it sound like he has a blockage somewhere, a bad installation, or is sucking air rather that water, so suspect installation again. the previous plumber is no where to be seen apparently.

you should still be able to get a water flow through it regardless of whether the pump is running or not, shouldn't you?? i have in some previous pumps??

any pointers would be great.

regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back