Power to a Boiler

Folks

Here's something I wrote elswhere on this site. Sorry about the Cut/Paste.....

Just had an interesting conversation with a Tech Engineer at Corgi.

Went round to do an estimate for replacement CU. Found a boiler installed by a reg plumber with no cross bonding on boiler supply pipes, no main earth on either the gas or water mains, and a fused spur with 13A fuse tapped off a JB with 5 cables terminating in it, and that supply fed from a 30A circuit in 1.00mm2 T & E.

The Tech Engineer told me that corgi registration does not involve itself with the electrical side of things, and the electrical knowledge required by a reg plumber is minimal.

"He should be able to recognise when there is no bonding or another potentially dangerous omission", the engineer told me, "but all he is required to do is warn the householder that it needs attention."

"And he can commission the system regardless?" I asked, "Yes, as long as he has warned the customer, that's OK", was his reply.

Calling all 10 gallon hat wearers - join up as a Corgi registered plumber and enjoy unimpeded electrical abuse, with no comeback!!

Sponsored Links
OK guys thanks for trip down memory lane, must have been fun, give me a clue where to get the power source from without going into CU how about if I extended the ring main via the loft all cables to sockets go down how do I take a feed and continue the ring :?:
Cheers

EB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back