Power to Electric shower but no water passing through shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subjest says any tips ?

Power to shower but no water passing through ?

2 options replace shower or part would prefer to replace part if possible .

Sponsored Links
If you can confirm power to the unit and water supply, then it could be one of a number of issues:
Flow switch fault
Heater Tank fault/scaling
Showerhead or hose blockage

Do you know the model type and whether it is still under warranty?

There are many types of shower. A make and model would be very helpful.

If you called a garage and said I have a problem with my car, what do you think their first question might be?

Sponsored Links
Thanks to those with constructive comments . Really didn't think make and model that important as would have thought common parts and common faults.

Anyway Stem now you have the make and model why don't you try being helpful instead of a smart arse !

Looking forward to your words of wisdom :D

This should be fun
popcorn.gif

Is there a parallel universe here?

Whats the make and model. I see no utterances from Glasgie revealing this information.

More like parallel forums...

Unfortunately the forum s/w doesn't seem to display new subjects on subsequent posts.

Thanks to those with constructive comments . Really didn't think make and model that important as would have thought common parts and common faults.

It is important for a number of reasons, as it may well be a common fault to a common part of your type/model of shower, also model/type/age, could determine whether the shower/part is obsolete/discontinued and it could also be worth considering, if the best option would be a new shower with the warranties given, rather than a replacement part.

Its a Triton T80i.
Some parts are still available, but many are not and most of those that are will cost as much as a new shower anyway.

A new T80si can be had for well under £100.

yeah - my point was that the shower type was added by the OP as the subject line in the post in which he said 'now you know what it is'. But the forum software does not display these new subject lines. So you can't see it.

How did you measure the "power" at the shower ?

Did you use a voltmeter and measure 230 volts between Live and Neutral or did a neon screwdriver light up when you touched it on the Live terminal ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back