powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a combi gas boiler glowwarm swift flow. i have a BG engineer came out to installed fan. he noticed that pilot was keep going out so, after the investigation he is saying that he would recomend a powerflush to clean our radiator pipes as its contains sludges and other stuff. He quoted us £690+vat. Could any help and is that average or can i find some one cheaper and where would be able to find a person in birmingham. i have seen powerflush machine in HSS for cheaper rate + chemical. is it hard to use it myself or if i hire from them would i be able to get someone to come out to do it for me for a nominal fee. Does any one know anyone in birmingham who can do it for cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Almost anyone would do it cheaper. You probably don't need a powerflush anyhow. Try putting some system flush in first and follow the instructions. If yours is a sealed system it's almost certain you dont need a powerflush.

£690 is very, very steep and not untypical of BG's attempts to boost income. Local yellow pages is a good starting point. Think the going rate is about £200+ depending on size of system.

I'm no expert on boilers, but suspect that the boiler going out may be due to another cause. If you supply details of make and model, together with a bit more detail of symptoms, someone on here may be able to make a more detailed diagnosis.

How did he get from pilot not sustaining to powerflush :LOL:

Perhaps he's going to powerflush your gaspipes :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
A powerflush to remedy a extinguishing pilot; I would love to hear the explanation for that one. the only way I can see that happen is if the boiler overheats and the overheat safety kills the pilot. Did he say anything about overheating?

Am Birmingham way myself and around £350 is average depending on the size of the system.

OP can get in touch if he wants but as the previous posts have said the link between pilot going out and the need for a powerflush is very slim!

Check my profile for contact details.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back