Powermax 155 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We've had numerous issues with the powermax 155 boiler in the house we moved in to a couple of weeks ago (renting). First the hot water was only lukewarm. This turned out to be an issue with the bleed valve. A plumber came out and replaced it and we had hot water (took 2 weeks!) However, since then, we can only get half a bath full of hot water, which to me seems wrong. We phoned the plumber and he said this was expected and is a function of the boiler, is this correct? It doesn't seem right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no its not usual

Hatefull piece of poo of a boiler call potterton on their fixed rate to sort it

Hi,
No one on this site understands how Powermax boilers work. It sounds to me like a heat exchanger problem, as its not storing sufficient hot water output.

The main culprit will always be the blender valve (Part No. P757) scaling up badly - but you have just changed that part.

You need an engineer who is experienced specifically with this boiler type, and they will sort it.

Sponsored Links
By the way that plumber who saids its a feature of the boiler is talking absolute nonsense, and obviously is wary of dealing with Powermax boilers. Steer clear of him.

When working properly these boilers output very good hot water flow, just when you need it.

I take it you have the timer switched to on when you are running a bath?? or even leave it on HW const??

Could be the store thermostat has been turned down or not working properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back