Powermax 155x burnout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This problem seems slightly different that those described so far on here....

I have a Powermax 155x, when I switch it on, I hear a glugging noise - possibly water, the burner attempts to come on maybe three times, just flicks on then off, then the lock out light comes on.

My initial thoughts were air in the system, so I bled the radiators, which didn't seem to contain any air.
Checked the boiler tank in the loft, and that is full of water, so I don't understand where air has seeped in from.

Previously the boiler worked fine, but did whistle intermittently when the burner came on.

Currently no hot water.

I've read on here, there's a firm I can call out for £225, which seems a bit steep. Is this something I can fix, or maybe a local plumber?

Please Help!

Thanks,
Mark.

Sponsored Links
These are boilers which need a competent engineer who is conversant with your model.

That sounds a very expensive price when it is not clear what the price includes.

Your information sounds typical of the burnt out baffle problem.

If you cannot find a competent engineer then it might be better to call Baxi.

Tony Glazier

My PowerMax 140 had similar glugging sounds (gas valve I think) no ignition and no hot water. The lockout came on after several retries. My local chap repaired it for 185. The ignition board had gone on it and needed replacing.

The Baxi HeatTeam people should be a good bet if they are more available in your area than mine (last time I used them they couldn't make it quicker than 10 days - a long time with no hot water).

Sponsored Links
jasonvaughan said:
155x, your sump is full of condendate, or rain water has got in down the flue. it just needs draining off....

Where is the sump & How do I drain this off?

poxi said:
Does it sound like a washing machine :?:

The water noise, kind of trickles.
Also when the burner is trying to come on, there is a noise sounds like blowing air through a tube, but the pressure rapidly fluctuates.

Thanks.

The water noise, kind of trickles.
Also when the burner is trying to come on, there is a noise sounds like blowing air through a tube, but the pressure rapidly fluctuates

ok maybe not sump full!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back