Powermax 155x overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Powermax 155x, approx 8 years old, tripping over heat and high limit stats once every three weeks or so, system is open vent with header tank, header and system full of water, gas rate ok at 18.5 kw, burner pressure fine at 4.5 mb, checked over heat pocket on top of boiler, reaches 84 degrees at its max, any ideas please?????

Sponsored Links
ideas are if it has external plate heat exchanger that this could be blocked or change limit stat, ie out of caliberation , hope this helps.

It suggests to me the gas valve is occasionally remaining open when the boiler thermostat stat should have shut it; defective boiler thermostat maybe. Is the bulb fully in the pocket? You could search the archives if you're not aware of the horror stories of fiddling with these.

http://www.powermax-repairs.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Most boilers are expensive to repair nowadays.
Most boilers are dangerous if fiddled with.

like i say rip it out.

you make out a boiler of 8 years in a nipa snaper, a boiler of this age you do not want to spend 300 & 400 quid on, that is just giving the customer bad advise.

Be aware that the OP seems to be repairing boilers for a living.

He may not be gas registered!

He has not signed up to the CC and seems to have little experience, so based on what I see, I think he may be working on boilers when not gas registered.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back