Powermax boiler - does it have a water shut off valve?

D

dmxdesign

Hiya, our powermax sprung a leak last night, it looks as though one of the pipes blew or something of that nature as the water was gushing out at some pressure.

The engineer is not coming out until tomorrow and I had turned the mains water off as soon as the leak started.

A friend mentioned (& it makes sense) that there is probably a stop cock or water shut off valve on the boiler itself so we could turn the mains water back on. If so that would be great as we could actually flush the loo this evening!

Anyone know if this is the case? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
not as far as I know, usually there is a valve close to the boiler just before or after the branch for the cold supply for the house, unless the boiler was added after the place was built, is it a new build?

not as far as I know, usually there is a valve close to the boiler just before or after the branch for the cold supply for the house, unless the boiler was added after the place was built, is it a new build?

Yeah, its about 11 years old now. I've had a look and just cant see anything that looks like a tap/stop cock on the inlet feed.

Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back