Powermax Express or Texecom Ricochet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I was originally just looking at Powermax alarms and had settled on the Express model but now also considering the Texecom 24/48 with ricochet.

Price wise there's not much between them for what I need. Tee only extra function the Powermax will have is GSM which is too expensive to bother with on the Texecom. I can cope without this as will use a speech dialler.

I'm assuming the powerrmax will be easier to install as it is fully wireless but i've looked through the installation manual for the texecom panels and it doesn't look that hard for the wiring that will be required.

Does anybody have any experience with these who could help me choose betwen them? quality, problems, reliabilitiy etc.

Also, one of the PIRs will be in a stand alone garage which is one of the mian reasons for going the wireless route. Am I going to have a lot of issues with false alarms with insects and spiders etc?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Wired is always better than wire-less. The cable to the garage will not require the same protection as a mains cable so is relatively easy to install.

Even running it along a fence would be electrically safe. Also provided the system uses end of line resistors then it would be near impossible for an intruder to dis-able the sensor(s) in the garage by attacking the cable.

Speech diallers on a land line are probably better as the call is in real time on a resilient phone system. GSM relies on a network which in some areas is not very resilient and can restrict service at peak times.

If your happy enough you could get the needed few wiers around your house then I'd choose the Texecom, we've used hundreds of each and both bits of kit have always been rock solid. Powermax is lacking in the programming/flexibility stakes compared to premier, especially where it comes to having places like garages armed while your in the house. Premier is pretty much if you want your alarm to do 'X' it can. Tons of stuff you'd never use but.... you could.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back