powershower on light circuit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Helping a friend sort out his bathroom woes, while trying to isolate his powershower I noticed that its run from his upstairs lighting circuit on a 5 amp breaker. The shower is powered by a 3 amp fused spur outlet (1.5 mm T & E), but obviously this means that its probably not advisable to protect with an RCD (as its on the lighting circuit).

He got an "expensive" quote from an electrician to refit the same make and model and he was led to believe the guy was literally going to pull the old one and fit the new one in its place.

Am I best off running a radial from one of the upstairs sockets, and swapping the ring circuit mcb for an rcd?

Thanks,

Kev

Sponsored Links
Cheers Adam,

I'll use an rcd protected fcu.

The main CU doesn't have any rcd protection so the rcd fcu sounds like the safest way of supplying the power to the unit.

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back